Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Summer Feelings


                        SUMMER FEELINGS
Have you ever had the feeling of nice cooling wind in your face?
I bet you have, what about the itchy grass, the smell of that compost next door or going outside and being able to smell the summer after being stuck inside for a couple of weeks not doing anything while your watching the rain having the time of its life. What about the sizzling side walk making your feet burn like a sausage on the BBQ? What about going to lie down on the grass and it feels like an electric blanket on low?

Or searching around the rock pools and accidentally slipping into the cold but refreshing water and then all of a sudden you jump cause something nips you on the toe. Then sitting on the grass for a bit, hopping up and people are laughing at you and you think why, is there something on my back, but no your Mum sneaks behind you in embarrassment and wipes the fresh grass clippings off your bum.

Have you ever had the feeling that you’ve been bitten by a big mozzie in the evening at a BBQ, I have. What about the screams and laughter of the children playing on the lawn, what about the splish splash of the waves hitting the beach and getting closer to you as the tide comes in? I have and it feels cold at first. Have you ever had that really annoying screeching in your ear from a group of seagulls fighting over a dead fish that has been washed up on the sizzling sand as it roasts like a turkey on Thanksgiving? THAT WAS SUMMER.    
                                      
By Felicity       

6 comments:

  1. I love the "annoying screeching" from the seagulls as they fight over the sun roasted fish. I can hear it, I can see it, I can smell it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow this is really cool Felicity great sentences
    From Lily

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great piece of writing Felicity! You created many vivid pictures in my mind and I was able to connect these to my own experiences. Unfortunately the part where you write about 'the rain having the time of it's life' is all too familiar this summer!! Keep up the awesome work. I look forward to seeing all you can achieve this year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW!!! What an amazing piece of writing Felicity. I am impressed. Keep it up can't wait to read some more of your writing over the year!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you guys so much.

    ReplyDelete