Thursday, September 27, 2012

Night Number One!

Here is my poster that I created on this LINK!
Night Number One
The excitement is running through the air, I can feel it running up my spine. It is going around everyone.
Well tonight is our first performance in front of a live audience. I am so excited, I have all of my costumes here in room 3. All of the Kapa Haka group are playing hand games, getting their makeup done. Then Mali our instructor and Teeps the guitar player walk in and say that they could hear us from the hall, which is bad because our audience were entering the hall. I was so eager to start. 


Then it was time. Time to line up outside in the cold, with wet puddles and the slight sign of grey rain clouds in the night sky. My feet were frozen, my toes were like icicles. As for the rest of the group, I think they were cold to. Then the door opened all I could think of was. “ Time to go on stage. “ But sadly no we were getting told off for being so loud. Then at long last the door swung open and nearly hit me in the face. It was time. Our time to shine in front of everyone. Once we had gone through our three songs and one Haka, we left the stage to get into our next costumes. I had to get into my white top and black shorts, with makeup all ready for my Locomotion dance and wearable arts.

So here I am  waiting behind the curtain. Then it was the Green Is Gold play. They finished with a rap/song. That was when all of the wearable arts people went to go and get changed into our costumes. Then after waiting for the third dance group, we all entered the back of hall ready to ‘ strut our style ‘ down the aisle and around the stage. It was so much fun showing off my costume to the audience. Next I had to take my wearable arts costume off. Then Erin and Thea come rushing in to make sure that Thea can get dressed and get all of her makeup on ready for our Locomotion dance. Once Thea was dressed and had all of her makeup on we were out the door rushing over to the door that is behind the curtain. Just as we arrive we had about 3 minutes until we were on. Doing Locomotion was awesome, the group had so much fun. Then Erin, Thea and I all run off and get our leggings and Rock ‘n’ Roll skirts on already for our time to boogie on stage. 

Wow, I was getting tired by the time we were arriving at the door ‘ AGAIN. ‘ Now that we are doing our Rock ‘n’ Roll in front of everyone with the choir singing all over the place, I think that I am almost ready to call it a night. But sadly no I still have choir number two that I have to perform in and I also have another three nights. Along with the rest of team 5 students I have a feeling that we are very excited to finally have this show up and running, but by the end of the week I am sure that we are going to be very, very, VERY tired!


2 comments:

  1. Hi Floss,
    This is cool! It makes me fell tired right now, imagine having to do that twice in a row!
    Erin.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great reflection, you really felt as though you were there. A huge effort by all, and what a great show, and even better is to see the photos, the posters and the different reflections.

    ReplyDelete